The Futura 5.5M
Inspired by Scotty Cameron’s work with players on the worldwide professional tours, the Futura 5.5M offers a new mallet option featuring the alignment and high-MOI characteristics of the Futura line coupled with a neck configuration that promotes a flowing, arced putting stroke more commonly associated with blade style putters.
The new Futura 5.5M extends the popular Futura line with a model designed for players seeking a smaller mallet with additional toe flow and forgiveness:
- The compact mallet - about 10 percent smaller than the similarly shaped Futura 7M - is designed for easy alignment with built-in toe flow.
- Shorter single bend shaft configuration for additional toe hang, promoting an arced path and flowing putting stroke.
- Multi-material technology – featuring wrap-around face-sole construction milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminium, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel – moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for a larger putter head with enhanced high-MOI performance (resistance to twisting during the stroke).
- Tour-proven heel-and-toe sole weighting technology increases stability and forgiveness.
- Mid-milled face with vibration dampening technology offers soft feel with 3.5 degrees of loft to deliver optimum roll characteristics
Scotty gave the Futura line’s raw stainless steel surfaces a Silver Mist finish with a unique bead blast for a radiant, yet glare-resistant, appearance. All aluminium sole plates have been anodized in black. Additionally, the Tour-inspired cosmetics display the familiar three bright translucent red dots in the back cavity with engraved typography befitting this modern, high-performance line.